Wednesday, March 29, 2017

BEDROCK PODCAST REVIEWS: A MOMENT OF ROMANCE, TIGRESS OF SHAOLIN AND MY YOUNG AUNTIE

I started a Bedrock Podcast at Podbean where I mainly do reviews and design discussion. Occasionally I also do interviews. You can check it out HERE.

This week I reviewed three movies. The first was My Young Auntie, a classic martial arts comedy directed by Lau Kar-Leung and starring Kara Hui (who won a Best Actress award for her role). This is a very fun movie that brings together numerous genre elements. The fight sequences are great, with strong performances, but there is so much going on in this one, they can be easily overlooked. 



The second was Tigress of Shaolin, directed by Law Kei and also starring Kara Hui. I wasn't as big a fan of this one, though it has some cool concepts and the fight scenes were entertaining. 



The Third was the action film, A Moment of Romance, directed by Benny Chan and starting Andy Lau. This is another classic and well worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment